A Proud History and a Promising future...

In 1947, a group of women who called themselves Rotary Anns, worked in the children's hospital providing hands on assistance to children with special needs. The Thames Valley Children's Centre was established in 1949. At that time it was known as "The Crippled Children's Treatment Centre". The Rotary Anns formed the women's auxiliary and continued working with the children at the Centre as caregivers.

Over the years the Auxiliary has evolved from the role of caregiver to fundraiser. This evolution started in the 1950's when an auxiliary member started organizing monthly card parties attended by fellow auxiliary members. Members then decided to charge people to participate, and the money was collected and used to purchase Christmas gifts for the children at the Centre. Sometime later, the Auxiliary began holding fall teas where they collected donations at the door. Another major fundraiser was the packaging and selling of Christmas Cards, usually designed by students from the centre. As the needs at the Centre grew so did the opportunities for the Auxiliary to support the Centre as a major fundraising partner.

Today the Auxiliary relies on male and female volunteers to run events such as the Holiday Home Tour and Ultimate Trivia. People from all walks of life and all over Southwestern Ontario participate in these events and the funds raised are donated annually to the Centre.

The Thames Valley Children's Centre has been and continues to be an industry leader in providing innovative and cutting edge programs, services and care to the children and families they serve. The Thames Valley Children's Centre Auxiliary looks forward to continuing our work in supporting the Thames Valley Children's Centre and their dedicated staff in providing a lifetime of "Possibilities" for the kids!